Saturday, November 14, 2009

How to Make a Great Steak at Home



While I enjoy going out to eat, I don't enjoy paying for it!  So as much as possible, I try to figure out how to cook great meals at home for less.

It's not necessary to go to a steakhouse for great steak.  You can do it at home.  Here's how:

  1. Start with a good cut of meat.  I'm not great at this, so I enlist the help of the butcher at our local store.
  2. Marinade for tender meat with great flavor!  This takes time so plan ahead.  And don't think you have to buy some expensive marinade.  Search the internet for recipes.
  3. Grill the stake over charcoal for a great smoky flavor.
There's a lot of grills on the market, and even the cheap ones will work for making a good meal.  I personally don't like to use lighter fluid because of the chemicals that can affect the taste and health of the food.  A grill like the Weber 841001 Performer starts the charcoal for you with gas ignition.  It sure is convenient!

Try your next steak at a home.  With a little practice, you'll make it better than the local steakhouse!